Potatoes are delicious tubers that are packed with vitamins and other nutrients. Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, iron, and potassium. They are naturally very healthy; however, they can become less healthy when packed with cheese, butter, or sour cream. On its own, potatoes are rich tubers that grow year long and are cheap to grow. There are many popular potato recipes such as mashed potatoes as well as fries. However, this may not be the best option for therefore we’ll be sharing 3 vegetarian potatoes recipes for you to try!
1. Vegan Potato Wedges (45 minutes – 50 minutes)
Vegan Potato Wedges are a delicious snack and side dish option. They’re just as delicious as fries, only healthier. These vegan potato wedges are crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. Here is the recipe;
- The first thing you need to do is cut your potatoes into wedges. This means they should be wide and long.
- When that is done, you move on to washing them.
- Once they’re clean, you begin to add the spices. You can use any sort of salt you have at home, pepper, and melted salted vegan butter. Rub this mixture all over the wedges.
- Next, you ensure your baking sheet is lined with parchment before baking these wedges at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Each side should be baked for exactly 15 minutes. Once this is done, you can enjoy this exciting vegan and vegetarian potatoe recipe.
2. Vegan Mashed Potatoes (45-50 minutes)
If you’re a fan of mashed potatoes, then you’ll love this vegan spin on it. Here is the recipe:
- You boil your diced potatoes in a large pot of water. Cook under medium heat for 20 minutes until the potatoes are very soft and tender.
- You then drain the potatoes and start mashing. At this point, they’re already soft so they should be very easy to mash.
- Add your oil or vegan butter and stir until they’re both well blended into each other. Once this is done, add salt and keep stirring.
- Next up, you grab your plant milk—soy milk is a great option. You can use warm or hot milk—this is completely dependent on your preference.
- Stir until they’re both well combined and then enjoy.
- You can also save leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days.
3. Crispy Roast Potatoes (70 minutes)
This vegetarian potatoes recipe is fun and easy to make. Here are the steps;
- Purchase potatoes suitable for roasting. Of course, you can roast all potatoes, but some are especially well suited for roasting.
- Pre-cook your potatoes in salted water till they’re tender.
- Then you drain them in a colander for 15 minutes till all the steam is gone. This step helps your potatoes get more crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and then place your potatoes in a roasting dish.
- Add your spices; you can use sage, garlic, pepper, salt, rosemary, or other spices you may prefer.
- Once this is done, you rub your potatoes in oil and roast for 40 minutes. Make sure you turn the potatoes around regularly. The recommended time is 9 minutes.
- Once it’s ready and golden, you can eat it immediately.
Try out these vegetarian potatoes recipes and be sure to let us know if you enjoyed them!